January 22, 2011

21 Day Organization Challenge Nineteen

Challenge Nineteen: Master Closet

So I figured I could do this one even though I have yet to do Sixteen, Seventeen, and Eighteen (Fridge, Mail Station, and Keepsakes). This one didn't take too long because most of it was purging. It made me happy to see the amount of stuff I got rid of. I still think there are items I can toss, but I had to keep some things to wear.

You'll notice (or maybe I'll just point it out to you) that Everythig is already sorted by type and by color. That great habist has been instilled in me by one of my best friends, Olivia. Except for this last move, she would come over every time I moved and help me sort and set up my closet.

I keep my clothes sorted short sleeves, pants, jeans, tank tops, and long sleeves.
I had already started making a pile of donation clothes.
 My boots live on the shelf between those two rods there. Up above is wrapping gear for presents of any type.
This side houses dresses and coats/hoodies
 You'll notice all of my heels are on the top shelf above my dresses. Flats and kitten heels live in the floor shelves.
My shoes have built in shelving that I also tend to stick things I'm going to wear in them. (That's my running gear)
 Tennis shoes and flip flops (and also crocs) live in these shelves. My flip flops are paired and color coded, as well.
My shoes also have some shelving down on the floor.

Here the closet after. Everything is sorted by colors and type.
 All of my belts hang on the empty rod area there. It's quite handy and reminds me to finish off my outfit.

All condensed on this side.

Cleaned out over here a bit too.

And the floor is empty as well. Please excuse my in desperate need of a pedicure feet.

My friend Whitney came over as I was finishing this up and got to go "shopping" in my donation bags. Everything else (two 20 gallon trash bags full) will be taken to Goodwill. I just don't have the strength, patience, or time to do a garage sale.

Afterwords, we went shopping! At Plato's Closet. I got two items. One a black Amy Beyer Blazer, which is a staple piece I was missing. And only paid $8 for!

I also got this cute little sweater (I realized I'm lacking in the sweater department, must be my Texas nature), originally from Forever 21 for $12.90, I paid $8 for this, too. It still has the tags on it!


If you would like to join me, click the link below! It's never too late to get started.

3 comments:

Becky@OrganizingMadeFun said...

This is so great - I also have a little work-out area set up in my closet. I get it set up the night before I go work out! Anyway, it looks super! Keep it up!

Becky B.
www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
Organizing Made Fun

Anonymous said...

Great job! It looks like we have a similar hanger system!

Sandy Jenney - Organize with Sandy said...

Good job. Isn't it amazing how much stuff in our closets we don't wear. I swear every time I go in and clean it out I am amazed.
Thanks for linking to my link party. Feel free to grab my button too.

Sharing is caring!