January 23, 2011

Holiday Food

I know you've all been dying to know what I made for the holidays. Not much. I made broccoli and cheese casserole:

Ingredients: 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, a block of cheese, one white onion, celery, 10 oz of frozen broccoli, three cups of rice, six cups of water and one stick of butter, .

Cube the cheese.

Mix together both cans of cream of chicken soup.

Make your rice according to package directions. We used white rice but you could use long grain.

Steam your broccoli (or pop it in the oven).

Mix together cooked rice and broccoli/

Bring butter, and cream of chicken to a simmer. Slowly melt each cube of cheese in ONE AT A TIME. This takes FOREVER.

Add cream of chicken and cheese mixture to broccoli and rice. Season to taste. I used pepper and salt.

I also added some shredded cheese on top.

Cover with foil and it's ready to take anywhere that has an oven available. 360 degrees for about 40 minutes.
 I wasn't the only one to cook though. Aaron made Rice Krispie Treats.

Two boxes of rice krispie cereal, two bags of mini marshmallows, and some margarine.

Turned into this. I don't know the recipe because he likes to make it, so I let him.

I still get to cover it with foil though. Grr.
 And my son and I decorated cookie snowmen!

These are just sugar cookies that were baked too closely together. We covered them with white icing.

Decorated with red and green icing for the eyes, mouth, scarf, and buttons. Cut an orange tootsie roll diagonally to make two "carrot" noses (people thought it was real carrots!)

Cut a big marshmallow in strips and rolled in cinnamon to make the "branches" for arms.
The kids loved these, all the adults didn't want to mess them up!

So that's the run down of what I made for the holidays (excluding a fruit salad and a green bean casserole). Do you have any I made those but better tips? Let me know!

0 comments:

Sharing is caring!