January 16, 2011

Menu Plan for the week of Jan 16-22

So I usually write down a meal plan. Right now I have written down from now to Jan 30th. (If you say my weekly calendar it would make sense to stop on a Sunday, it's an academic calendar from Five Star)

I don't always stick to it. Trying more in 2011 right? I think if I put it down here we will be more accountable. Plus it might give me a reason to post a recipe IF someone asks for it after seeing here.

Sunday: Lemon Garlic Shrimp & Grits
Monday: Chicken Taco Bake
Tuesday: Italian Baked Chicken & Pastina
Wednesday: Zucchini Stew
Thursday: Shrimp and Corn Chowder
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Date Night

Let me explain our schedule a bit so you can see where I'm planning longer meals, etc. Sundays I am home all day with the kids. The kids love to help make dinner. So besides trying to make a great Sunday dinner for the entire family, I also need something the kids will be able to help with. Monday's are the beginning of the week here and I am at work all day. It's usually a long one. I try to make this easy so that if I need Aaron to start it he can. We also have game night on Monday's and company comes over, so it needs to be something more than just our family can eat. Tuesday's and Thursday's I'm home most of the day (sans errands or minor work meetings) I'm mostly at home. So I try to find something I haven't tried before and make that, that way if it messes up, I usually know by six and can pull out some leftovers or a box of mac n cheese. Wednesday's are similar to Mondays. Friday's, Aaron has what he and his guy friends call Woo Night. Which means I'll have a bunch of hungry guys over, where I can either unload all my leftovers, throw something quick together. We also can pick something up. Saturday will always be date night in my mind. The only thing this means is "I don't want to plan anything AND I'm NOT cooking." So we could also rename it to fend for yourself. The weekends are always so busy that if I tried to plan something it would spoil while it was thawing out. So nope, not gonna try. This will adapt in the fall and when we have sports practices etc. But for now this is how I plan my meals. We go grocery shopping once a week (I try for one every other week, just depends on how fast certain things get gone). I don't plan breakfasts or lunches. If we have leftovers those are Aaron's lunches the next day and I eat lean cuisines. The kids buy or eat whatever I toss to them on the way out the door.



0 comments:

Sharing is caring!